It depends on the type of diseases. For all Ksharasutra Procedures performed under local anesthesia, so hospitalization is not required but after procedures the patient should remain in centre for a period of 1-2 hour for observation only. The patient must take rest for a few days at home (5-7 days) for early recovery.
For piles and anal fissure the patient must meet me at an interval of 5-6 days for nearby patients only; but for far patients they should learned how to take care the patients at home and they can come 1-2 visits in entire treatment duration. For primary threading in anal fistula the patient is discharged within 1-2 hours but the patients needs to attend hospital for changing of Ksharasutra on regular basis at an interval of 7 days. For changing of thread there is no bed rest at all but you have to keep yourself aside from heavy work but can perform walking or light work. This changing of thread continues for several weeks depending on the length of the fistular tract and condition of the patient. Study shows the fistula tract is cut at the rate of 1 cm/week. So if one has a tract of 5 cm, then 5 – 6 weeks minimum required for complete cut of the tract.
During the initial days, this procedure is a bit painful which can be managed by local medicated fomentation, application of medicines and / or local anesthesia. Gradually, the pain sensation
decreases during successive changing.
• Inquiry about the problem is conducted by the doctor only.
• Inspection of the area of the disease.
• Per-rectal examination must using his finger may be done.
• Investigations like Probing, Proctoscopy, Fistulography, Colonoscopy, Biopsy, Pus culture etc. are conducted as per requirement.
• Routine blood investigations, ECG, Fistulography are often prescribed for anesthetic and surgical fitness.
• Very less incidence of recurrence.
• Less expenditure rather than high cost modern surgery.
• Least chance of post surgery stool incontinence.
• Minimal invasive surgery.
• Minimum blood loss.
• Cutting of tract and its healing goes on simultaneously.
• Can be performed in elderly patients.
• Can be performed in diabetic patients.
• No hospital stay.
• Patient can continue normal life after a sitting of Ksharasutra change.